- These Conditions of Hire form part of an Agreement
between the Holmer Green Village Centre Committee (hereinafter called "The Committee") and the person named as the Applicant on the Hiring Application form overleaf (hereinafter called "The
- All applications for hire of accommodation must be
on the Hiring application form, all copies must be returned signed to the Booking Secretary at the address shown overleaf. One copy of the form will be returned to The Hirer. signed on behalf of
Holmer Green Village Centre. as confirmation that the hiring has been or has not been accepted.
- To avoid double booking, the full dates and times
of the requested hiring must be shown against each category of accommodation.
- The time shown under "Time to" in the dates
required section will be the time by which the accommodation., including garden and car park. MUST BE CLEARED UP AND VACATED.
- The person by whom this form is signed must be 21
years of age or older, shall be deemed to be the hirer and shall be responsible for the observances of these Conditions of Hire and due payment of account.
- The Committee reserves the right to refuse any
booking and is not obliged to give any reason.
- If more than 3 months from the booked date The
Hirer has the option to pay the 50% of hire charge leaving the balance to be paid on receipt of an invoice from the Treasurer. Regular users of the hall will be invoiced following the booked
- The hirer agrees to lodge with the Treasurer such
Damage Waiver, which The Committee decides to charge. The damage waiver must be paid as a separate cheque at the time of full or balance payment together with a self addressed envelope. This damage
waiver will be returned within 1 month of the booking, provided that no failure to comply with conditions 12.13 and 20 is identified as a result of this booking.
- Any licences required by the Copyright Act shall be
the responsibility of The Hirer who hereby indemnifies the Committee against any infringement which may occur as a direct result of this booking.
- No excisable liquor shall be supplied or sold
directly, or indirectly during an event at which a charge is made. unless a n Occasional Licence to cover such sale or supply has been obtained by the Hirer before the event and the Hirer has
indicated a desire to sell or supply alcoholic beverages on the Hire Application Form.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for maintaining good
order and behaviour of persons using the accommodation, including the car park and garden. In the event of failure to comply) with this condition. The Committee reserves the right to terminate the
hire at any time.
- The Hirer shall ensure that the accommodation is
left in a clean and tidy condition and that all rubbish is put in the bags provided in the kitchens. In the event of failure to comply with this condition The Committee reserves the right to recover
the cost of rectification from The Hirer and/or to refuse to refund the damage waiver.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for any loss or
damage to the premises or the equipment therein. The Committee reserves the right to make good any such loss or damage and if any costs are incurred in doing so The Hirer shall be liable to pay them
on demand or the cost may be taken from any damage waiver.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for keeping all
emergency exits and fire fighting equipment accessible. Such equipment must not be removed from its normal position. Tables and/or seating must be arranged to take note of notices on layout and aisle
width which are displayed in each hall.
- At the end of each hiring The Hirer shall be
responsible for ensuring that the building is secure and the final exit door is deadlocked.
- Sub letting of the premises is not
- The Hirer shall be responsible for, and will
indemnify The Committee against all liability for personal injury
- whether fatal or otherwise and all costs and
expenses incurred in connection therewith except insofar as the same may be caused by the negligence of The Committee or its employees but which for the hiring would not have
- The Hirer shall be responsible for and will
indemnify The Committee against all liability for loss or damage to property. any other loss, damage and costs, however caused, whether by an act of neglect by The Committee or
- The Committee reserves the right to make a
cancellation charge of 25% of the hiring fee where an approved hiring is canceled within 10 weeks of the hire date or 50% of the hiring fee if canceled within 4 weeks of the hiring
- The Booking Secretary will inform The Hirer where
the key may be obtained. The key must be returned immediately after the hiring is finished unless other arrangements have been agreed. The loss or late return may render The Hirer liable for
additional charges or loss of the damage waiver
- The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that
all persons using the accommodation adhere to the NO SMOKING policy in the Village Centre.
Hirers must ensure
that any electrical equipment brought into the hall meets current safety standards
To download a copy of these conditions as a pdf
file, click here: